Not just a bigger garage …
This is an addition to our Beach-Hamptons styled renovation completed back in 2015. It was later sold and the new owner requested we design a 4 car garage in the front yard. We said, ok.
The existing single garage was small, a bit broken and isolated from the house. The driveway was also steep and awkward to navigate. It's rare to achieve an approval like this to the front of a property, but we were lucky with the shape of the land.
Our design is built almost to the front boundary and behind a reinstated stone wall. The garage door is now double size and styled in keeping with the house. We've made it work with a flat driveway, and we've aded internal access.
A huge beam will support the house while they excavate the front yard ...
Bruce Lewis - Engineer
Jellicoe House Balgowlah Heights - Kitchen
Jellicoe House Balgowlah Heights - Dining
Jellicoe House Balgowlah Heights - Living
Jellicoe House Balgowlah Heights - Lounge
Jellicoe House Balgowlah Heights - Pool
Jellicoe House Balgowlah Heights - Evening
Jellicoe House Balgowlah Heights - Garage under construction
DA Approved by Northern Beaches Council in March 2018
Jon Speter - Warringah Building Pty Ltd
◦ 4 cars plus storage, internal access
◦ 5 bedrooms plus study, 3 bathrooms
◦ Alfresco dining front and back
◦ Larger landscaped Northern terrace
◦ Sandstone over Dincel & concrete structure ◦ New side bin enclosure
◦ Salvaged sandstone walling
◦ Dincel structural walling
◦ Concrete slabs and terrace slab supporting a new garden and low planting